Monday, February 7, 2011

Pork Taquitos... I mean Flautas?

We had pulled pork for the super bowl last night and decided that we should leave the BBQ sauce off so we could do several meals with the shredded pork. And let me tell you I have a huge Tupperware full in the freezer for future meals! Which I am SO excited about! It is always nice to know there is something in the freezer to whip up :) Anyways without further Ade....
Pork Flauta/Taquito thingies :)


These were super DELISH! We will for sure be making these again. I used a variation of this recipe.... Shredded Beef and Cheddar Flautas from For the Love of Cooking. This is one of my new favorite blogs! Some of the recipes seem a little complicated but for the most part they are simple with everyday ingredients. These were so rich (plus I added a homemade guacamole) that I really only needed to eat one! The fresh cilantro added just the perfect bit of brightness these needed. The only thing I would have done differently is added some shredded veggies. PJ would not have been happy with that call but these were so heavy I feel that they needed a little lightness and brightness from pepper, shredded zucchini, carrots? I mean I love adding veggies to everything and anything so any veggie is welcome at this party :)

No comments:

Post a Comment