Monday, June 25, 2012

Pickles anyone?

Yesterday was my first attempt at making pickles! I bought a 4 pack of pickling cucumber plants this year and they have taken off! I was shocked to see 4 cucumbers ready to pick this early! So of course I hopped on the internet to search for a first timers pickling receipe. I used this one at pickyourown.org.  I did indeed make my own pickling mix, because I needed to trim up a dill plant in my herb garden. This receipe was a refrigerator recipe since I do not have all the supplies for canning yet, hopefully for my birthday this year! But I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the lids pop telling me they had sealed! I will most likely still store them in the fridge just to be safe. I am sooooo excited to try these! They will soak for a week or so before I dive into them. I will keep you updated on what I thought of the recipe :0

No comments:

Post a Comment