Sunday, June 24, 2012

Wonderful Weekend


It has been a wonderful weekend! Friday night PJ and I took Brody to Union Station to look at the trains then to Frtiz's in crown center. Fritz's is a family friendly joint that bring your food to you on little automated trains. It was super cool and super entertaining for Bubs! It is so fun to watch him grow and develope into a little boy, and my goodness he is 100% boy!
Saturday morning Brody and I went to the Library, Brody's first trip! He did sooo good! He picked up a picture book, while I picked up a cook book and a pregnancy book. After checking out we headed to a park close by. I packed a picnic  of sandwiches, cheez-its and veggies with hummus. While he bounced around I sat back and chatted with a grandmother there with her grandson. We had a bite to eat than headed home for naptime. While Brody napped I finished my current book, more on that later. We had leftovers and made chocolate chip cookies last night. I tried a new recipe that I saw in the KC Star and LOVED it. I will def be making these again, and probably soon!
Today we went to the pool for a mid morning swim and have had a lazy afternoon at home, the perfect way to wrap up a wonderul weekend.... how I wish tomorrow was not Monday... UGH! I did get some work done in the kitchen while the boys were napping. That will be a post to come. For now I am off to check on our homemade pizza dough and enjoy the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment