Friday, January 21, 2011

Shortbread Cookies

I love a good shortbread cookie... So when PJ requested homemade cookies I was glad to try a new recipe!

1 cup of butter

1/2 cup of sugar

1/4 cup corn starch

2 cups of flour

-Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy

- Add flour and corn starch, mix well

This is where I ran into some problems. The dough was very powdery. So I decided to get my hands into it... this worked well! The butter started to mold into the flour.

Roll into 18 balls. Flatten with a shortbread cookie cutter.( I sugared the bottom of a glass and used that) It worked out perfectly!

Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 9 - 12 minutes.

Ta Da! A plate full of buttery melt in your mouth shortbread cookies! I will be having a few of these with my coffee in the morning!

A simple go to cookbook I use often. From roasting questions to cookie recipes! A good staple for my kitchen. Plus it was a hand-me-down so it was free! Always a plus for this mama on a budget :)

Happy Friday Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment