Thursday, October 7, 2010

Great Day

Today was such a wonderful day! In fact I would say it was the best day I have had in the past few weeks. I worked this morning, until 11. Our daycare provider had doctors appointments this afternoon so I picked up the Bubs around 11:30. We got home and played for about 30 minutes and then it was time for a bottle and nap 2 of the day for the Bubs. He slept until about 2. While he slept I made a recipe I had wanted to try for a long time, Spaghetti sauce from homegrown tomatoes! I have always wanted to try this but never really found the time I guess. There will be a post on this soon! When the bubs woke up he was a little clingy so we cuddled for about 30 minuets, until he was ready to start playing with his toys. PJ got home around 3:20 and we have all been just hanging out at home for the evening. Me and Brods made a quick run to the store. He got comfy in his usual seat, the little seat near the handle of the cart.... but that was not going to work this time. About 30 seconds in he started whaling. So of course I gave in and took him out. Well he wanted to push the cart so somehow I held him while he pushed the cart. I had to hold him on one hip, while he clung to the handle with the his kung fu grip. I am not kidding you this child is strong, and so determined (I wonder where he gets that from, ughhum :). If I were to have tried to remove his hands from that cart, first of all it would have taken me a good 30 seconds to pry his little hands off and second, I would have not heard the end of it... Literally he would have cried the entire way.... So yes, Brody -1 , Mommy -0... I need to work on this :)
Came home made spaghetti squash to go with the sauce and also made garlic knots (Annie's Eats). Brody ate dinner & and PJ bathed him while I wrapped up dinner.
We ate, it was SOOOO good, and here I am with a full tummy and a big smile :) I hope your Thursday was as wonderful as ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment