Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chicken, literally



I have been doing my best to start living a healthier lifestyle, for me and for my little family. So in honor of that, last week while we were at the store we bought a Smart Chicken. I bought a whole chicken and we roasted it in the oven. It was DELICIOUS! I really do think i could tell the difference in the chicken.... but then again i had never roasted a whole chicken before.... We just used a dry rub on the skin and stuck it in the oven at 400 for an hour and 20 minutes or so. It was delicious! Then we used the leftover meat for a southwestern chicken lasagna last night.

So this smart chicken is certified organic. It is like the corporate organic chicken.... bizarre thought since corporate and organic are usually not grouped in the same family, or even close to if for that matter! But we are learning how to live a healthy and more sustainable lifestyle. I am on the hunt for a place to get local free range chicken and beef... I have a few leads out for both so hopefully sooner then later those leads will turn into meat in my fridge! I am going to look at some local farmers markets to see what they have as well. I will keep you all updated!

:)

KT

No comments:

Post a Comment