Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Intentional Living

So I know it is already Wednesday and I am just now posting about how fabulous our weekend was. The weather was amazing (minus the crazy wind). I can not recall what made the weekend so great but it was. One of those where you get a lot accomplished but you get to enjoy and savor every moment of it. We lived intentionally this weekend. Lots of time spent outside preparing the vegetable garden bed. Well half of it that is. I did my spring planting, beets, carrots & spinach. I started some basil in a pot and am really hoping that it grows. I have heard that basil is very hard to start from seed, but we will see! We grilled out Saturday night, it was the perfect weather to have a couple beers in the backyard while grilling and spending time with the family :) We did some house cleaning. I got the garage semi cleaned out. We gave a ton of boxes away and sorted through others. The creative room shelving is up and ready to be wiped down then stocked full of art supplies, fabrics and many a magazine for inspirations. (I want to get a post up about this but it might take me awhile to complete this project) I bought more paint for the last coat in our tangerine bathroom. And all the while I savored everything I did. I have been contemplating the meaning of "living intentionally" lately. Taking your time and enjoying the process of life. It can be tough today. In this age, technology speeds life up to where you don't even realize you are living it anymore. You do one task with the thought of "just getting it done" and moving onto the next. This my friends, is not the way I want to live. I want to relish in the hard work of planting, scrubbing my floors, baking, washing that last pot of the evening. I want to poor my love into everything I do.... difficult yes, time consuming, probably but at the end of this journey I will be able to look back and say I did everything completely, lived in every moment of my life. Do you think you can say this at the end of your journey? It's definitely something worth pondering. Sending you all lots of love and happy thoughts of spring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment