Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Mothers Love

We had a good day today. We woke up and hung out at home in the morning and then went shopping with Brods, my mom and my sis. I think we are passed the easy shopping stage with my little man! He wants to get out and touch everything and crawl and roll.... Not such a good thing to do in Oak Park Mall.



Brody at the home department in Macys

We got home about 4:30, Brods had skipped his afternoon nap and turned into a handful, to say the least! So anyways he was snoozing away when we got home. He napped until about 5 and then got up and was in a terrible mood! He was just still exhausted.... poor little man! So he got his evening bottle then got to snuggle with me :) We were never rockers from day one with him. He is a bouncer, always has been.... probably always will be. My parents gave me this advice after having him. When he gets fussy sit on the edge of the bed and bounce. That was my saving grace for the first couple weeks while i was learning what his cries meant. We would sit on the edge of the bed in the spare bedroom and lightly bounce him right off into his little dream world :)

Naturally he still loves to be bounced. So when he has a rough time falling to sleep we turn on some light background music (usually Christian rock, yes I am proud to say I listen to Christian rock!) And I will bounce around his room with him in my arms, his little head nuzzled perfectly into the curve of my neck. Sometimes I sing, sometimes he slowly talks himself to sleep. When he talks.... I can not explain the purity and innocence in his little voice. It makes my heart swell with love, joy, wholeness.... you can not quite explain motherly love. Its unlike any other thing you will every feel. I will forever and always hold these few moments each night in my heart. I am so very blessed.

KT

No comments:

Post a Comment