Friday, March 4, 2011

Decor?

As we are getting more comfortable in our new home I find it somewhat.... what is the right word.... boring. All the walls are beige and the decor is, umm none existent. If I were to walk into this house (it not being my own) I would think, what a boring person. Not sure what is going on with this. My guess, I am so use to small cozy spaces with lots of personality that I don't know what to do with all this space and the lack of age and character of the house itself. One other problem.... I am finding that I don't really know "my style" of decor. I know that I like a little of this and a little of that but somewhere in between, oh I would say grade school and now (HA) I have lost my confidence in color choice. SO you see I find myself in a predicament. All of this being said, I am the receptionist at an architecture firm with over 100 licenced registered wonderfully fabulous architects and designers! For some reason I become very sheepish when asking someone with vast knowledge on a subject for an opinion on there area of expertise. (If you know me well I am not nor have I ever been sheepish) Anyways long story short I bit the bullet today and asked a designer for her opinion on color for my bathroom. I figured I should start with a small room that I can paint, change a faucet, hardware on the cabinets and feel like we have accomplished a makeover. So this is my first undertaking on the house and hopefully I will have a before and after picture up in the next month. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment