Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall....

It feels like fall here in KC. I had to wear a coat, not a jacket, out of the house this morning. I have my little heater running at work and a long scarf looped around my neck.... yep its fall.
I was so excited for fall to arrive.... but now that its here... I wish it would have waited a little bit longer. A big thing happens this fall, my little boy turns one! I am so thankful to have such a wonderful happy little boy! But looking back I can not believe how it has gone by so fast.... it is a bittersweet feeling. Obviously I am happy and thankful for the things listed above, but why did it have to go so fast??? It seems like yesterday we were driving home from the hospital, PJ white knuckled and concentrating so hard on the road with our precious cargo taking his first ride in the Camry. And then the Holidays came, Thanksgiving shared with family, A snow storm snowed us in so we stayed an extra night in Butler over Christmas, Bubs first winter solstice at the farm.... So many memories. The snow that kept me and Brody in the house, staying warm snuggling .... Making cookies to take to family Christmas. My mom and sisters snow days spent with me and Brody, some heading out to Oak Park mall to do some shopping some spent on the couch chatting away. It has hit me that this fall and winter will be much different. Instead of spending the season wrapping gifts and baking cookies with my little man , I will be spending 40 hours a week answering phones, making coffee, typing up transmittals, sorting mail for people... Some like me, some don't, some appreciate my happy go lucky personality, some don't, some stop to talk and say hi, some walk right past without saying hi.... This fall will be much different for me. I think about it now and it brings tears to my eyes thinking that I can not plan my holidays 24/7 around my family, friends and ones I love.... I know there are wonderful memories to be made this fall and winter, and I will still get to spend the holidays with family and friends.... but it will just not be exactly the same....

No comments:

Post a Comment