Monday, August 2, 2010

Salad Salad

last night I made the most delicious salad. I just had to share pics!
We had BBQ-ed Saturday night, so we threw on a couple extra pieces of chicken for dinner on Sunday. I had been craving an Asian chicken salad with a Thai peanut dressing! The only problem was when it came to dinner last night I had no Mandarin oranges, a must for the Asian salad, and no curry powder for the dressing.... So i improvised! I used peaches that i had on hand instead of mandarin oranges, cherry tomatoes (from my garden), diced yellow squash (from my garden) shredded carrots, diced red onion, green leaf lettuce and chicken. Oh and I had a little bit of leftover rice from a meal a few nights back so i just finished that off by throwing it in the salad.

As for the dressing, I totally improvised on this one! I took a basil vinaigrette I had on hand, I am not a huge fan of it on its own, and added a bunch of stuff to it.
I added 2 tbsp of peanut butter, a little cider vinegar, ground red pepper, minced garlic, 2 tsp of sugar and a few drops of warm water (to thin it out a bit)... It was super great! I was very happy with the results since I just threw it together :)

Creamy peanut butter goodness!
And for dessert we each had a couple mini cookies from Mrs. Fields. I was one happy and full girl last night! It was the perfect easy solution for a quick Sunday evening meal :)
Oh and on a side note we have a new Sunday night ritual! We eat dinner and but the little man down the get into bed early to watch our shows. There is a new one that just started on AMC, Rubicon, we are very excited about this one. We think it might be a keeper! And then of course Mad Men at 9. I am very much looking forward to next Sunday night :)
KT

No comments:

Post a Comment